‘Yes Daddy but why?’ enquired Trumpet
We are about to pass another landmark with Trumpet reaching her 4th Birthday in the new year.
And with the imminent arrival of No3 in March I have been reflecting on how things have changed over the last 4 years and the corner cutting that I just can’t get away with these days.
Here are my list of things I just can’t get away with now:
– Skipping pages when reading the bedtime story to get through it quicker so I can veg out on the sofa
– When asked why just saying that’s the way it is!
– Listening to what I want to listen to in the car
– Talking with my mouth full at the dinner table
– Having a sneaky biscuit without everyone wanting one
– Letting out a silent trump without being interrogated as to whether I am the culprit!
– Watching Football Focus on Saturday lunchtime without being told to turn over to Ben & Hollie – scratch that I am never able to watch what I want on TV
– Being able to have an adult conversation with High Command at the dinner table without being interrupted
– Eating a packet of crisps in peace
– Having a lie in without being jumped on and told the sun has come up
– Growing a moustache without being interrogated as to why I have ‘Whiskers’
– Walking into the house after work in the evening and treating myself immediately to an end of day poo in peace
– Mowing the lawn without experiencing a pitch evasion
I’m sure there are lots more I just can’t recall them in my sleep deprived haze!
Would love to hear things that you just can’t do now that you’re a parent