‘Its going to be a long day…..’ the text from High Command read. As I looked at the accompanying photo of the rice crispy carnage, I breathed out a sigh of relief from the saftey of my office!!!
It’s a Saturday morning and I am on early morning duty whilst High Command has a lie in.
It’s the least I can do given she is bearing the brunt of the night feeds breast feeding Pumpkin.
In fact even me saying the above suggests I am in some way helping at night when in actual fact I am blissfully asleep with my
butt ear plugs in.
Anyway I am digressing.
It’s the weekend.
I am standing guard over my two ferral girls eating breakfast (Poppet (4.5yo) and Dumpling (2.5yo) so that they don’t hack each other to death with their Ikea cutlery.
You see with the arrival of newborn No3 14 weeks ago time has been a premium and blogging has been low on the agenda.
Some might say I have lost my blogging mojo!
Others might say that sleep deprivation is a form of torture and to Chill Winston ….my blogging mojo will return.
Well I do have some ‘chill out time’ pencilled in for 2036 when the last of my girls reach adulthood and they have found some unsuspecting
victim partner to share the rest of their life with!!!
Anyway with my recent attendance at BritMumsLive I have been rejuvenated
As usual I digresss so back to what this post is actually about.
I have woken up with a mischievious glint in my eye so without further ado here are my Top 11 things that are no longer sacred since becoming a parent:
- A poo in peace. To just have five minutes without being clambered all over is the stuff of dreams!
- A good nights sleep – you could sleep a small family in the bags under my eyes.
- A social life that doesn’t revolve around children. You know the opportunity to partake in an adult conversation that doesn’t include talking about which nappies are the latest must have brand
- Being able to dress in my suit for work in the morning, and make it out of the front door, without being covered in some sort of baby/toddler slobber
- My prize pretunias, and any other flowers for that matter, not being plucked within an inch of their life for a special potion…
- The days of having a fast car are over. It’s all about functionality these days. *Que forlorn look at the
minibus people carrier sitting on the drive*
- A lie in – need I say more!!
- High Command’s breast feeding bangers which I have to share Pumpkin
- The shoulders on my clothes always being covered in puke/dribble/slobber
- The contents of any draw that are within reach of the skidlets and are constantly emptied out onto the floor
- A lounge that is not filled with ikea storage units and millions of brightly coloured kids toys
I could go on but that would just be moaning
What things are no longer sacred to you now that you are a parent?
As always would love to read your comments?